Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Up that jelly hill, under water

So tired this week. I feel like I'm walking under water, or through jelly, or up a hill that is not very steep but goes on and on past the horizon. This morning I woke up when the alarm went off then fell asleep for another 35 minutes--only thing that got me out of bed was my arm, which had also fallen asleep. Anyway, my tired draggyness has mucked up my gymming and my writing (I have a new little project, which I'm enjoying) so I am in self-loathing mode. My commute book this week is Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi and when I compare my fatigue and sick ham to their ayatollahs and chadors I loathe myself even more. So it just feeds itself, you see?
Speaking of sick hams--Vodka is doing well. Every evening we have to put lady cream on his tummy, and under his chin, and on his legs--all the places he's rubbed his fur off with scratching, poor little pet. It is a two-person operation. Tim holds him by the scruff of his neck and I spread the cream on while he kicks and shakes with fear. It is a pathetic sight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

which is pathetic - the poor hamster or the two of you!!
e
x

Jellygirl said...

We're all pretty pathetic to tell the truth! It is just upsetting when something that small and vulnerable is upset. Last night he squeaked when gave him his meds, and hams--or at least our hams--are usually the strong and silent types. Except for their supersonic communication, which could be riddled with obscenities and complaints, we'll never know...